The cost of routine eye exams and prescription eyewear can be of real concern, especially for large families. In many cases, vision insurance can lower these annual expenses.
A vision insurance policy is not the same as health insurance. Regular health insurance plans protect you against financial losses due to unexpected eye injuries or disease. Vision insurance, on the other hand, is a wellness benefit designed to provide routine eye care, prescription eyewear and other vision-related services at a reduced cost.
Because we provide both medical and routine eye care, we accept a number of insurance plans to help cover the cost depending on your individual needs. Here are just some of the plans that we accept:
BC Health Coverage
- MSP for ages 0-18yrs (no co-pay) and 65+ (co-pay req’d)
- MSP for medically necessary complete eye exams (co-pay req’d)
- MSP for minor exams – emergencies, red eyes, etc (co-pay usually req’d)
- FNHA coverage (co-pay req’d)
- MSS coverage (co-pay req’d)
Insurance Plans we Process
- Pacific Blue Cross
- Green Shield
- Standard Life
- Industrial Alliance
- Johnson Group or Maximum Benefits
- Chamber of Commerce Group
- Cowan Insurance
We do accept other plans as well, so if you do not see your plan listed here, please give us a call and we would be happy to assist you. Our staff is also always available to answer any questions regarding your benefits.